Thursday, March 30, 2006

Special surprise

Today was a day like the others...hungry, frustrated because I was not born wealthy and have to work for a living and getting older thrown in for variety.

I got to work to find out I had won the Jenny Craig deal. I get 2 free sessions with Jenny Craig and 50.00 off the food. I have always wondered what the food tasted like and now is my chance to find out.

I mean if other people find that it works for them it has to work for me right???? I am excited about going as I would love to beat the pants off of the others in our weight challange. From what I hear it is frozen pre-prepared foods and all I have to do is nuke them. I wonder how many calories it will take to stand and wait the few minutes for the meal to be done. I can't see me eating a frozen egg, bacon, sausage and waffle breakfast. But who knows, maybe I will like it and get addicted to that instead of being addicted to real food. The food better be darned good for the prices they charge. If they are giving away a 50.00 coupon towards food then how much does a week worth of food cost????

The way I see it is they make you so broke that you can't afford to eat anything else.....maybe that is the means behind all of this.

2 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Morgana said...

I've done Jenny Craig. The food is okay...at first. But after the first...oh...couple of weeks, it starts to really grate on your taste buds. Some of it is downright awful. And extremely expensive. I was with them for about 2, maybe 3 months. And it nearly broke me. It was costing about $300 a month for their food, plus you still have to buy your own for the fresh fruit and veggies and stuff. $50 will get you probably about 2-3 days worth of food. And when I went to quit the program, they tried to guilt and pressure me into staying.

I'm telling you now, it's a big money making scam, those guys are. I'll never go back. I'd rather do Weight Watchers. It's way affordable, you buy your own food, and they teach you how to eat proplerly.

My ex-boss and his wife do WW and from what I could tell, it's a fabulous system. Another friend of mine and her mom did it to, and they loved it.

With JC, I'm warning you now, be prepared for a BIG sales pitch the second you walk in the door. And it's high pressure sales too. If you can afford it, go for it, but I swear, if I ever see another can of JC tuna salad, I think I'll...well, let's put it this way, whatever I had eaten that day, wouldn't stay down. Ugh. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Just a head's up for ya coming from experience.

Morgana

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger iwrite said...

ROLF Morgana - when you wrote "JC", for a split second I thought you meant "Jesus Christ"! hehe.

Fern, girl you're looking great already! Maybe if you do squats while nuking, you can increase the caloric burning rate of making your food. Just a thought from the queen of doing 15 things at once. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home