Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Travel and diets

I have not posted anything lately as I am having a tough time. April 25, 2005 my mother passed away. I am finding that this year, I am blocking April totally. There just isn't an April for me. I do not want to face the fact that my mother is gone.

I went up to see my father on Saturday as it is his birthday today. I wanted to make sure he realizes that I love him and even though I can't be with him today, my thoughts are still with him. He is having a rough time. They were married for 65 years and he feels that a piece of him is missing.

The trip was hard because I really didn't want to go. I would have rather sat here in my own depression but I forced myself to go. I am glad I did really. We had a great time. My sister came out from Edmonton and we went for supper. Chinese food was the choice (there goes the diet). So good I ate more then I should have. Sunday morning my father made me his famous pancakes (there really goes my diet). Oh well, to make him happy I will go off my diet for a couple of days.

How about that for an excuse for not loosing weight???

2 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger iwrite said...

It's soul food, Miss Fern. And soul food is free of all calories, didn't you know? hehe

My heart is with you right now. April is almost over - just focus on the sunshine and sunshowers and ugly worms on the sidewalk, and maybe you'll find a little happiness in the rain. *hugs*

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Morgana said...

I know how you're feeling. I get that same feeling at Christmas time. That was when my mom died...4 days before Christmas day, to be exact.

One thing I've learned since she died, is that our loved ones, even though they've passed on physically, they are still with us. I know that's little consolation when all you want is to be able to pick up the phone and call them. But it does get easier. My mom died a little over 7 yrs ago. It took me about 2 or 3 of those years to get over the pain. You really do get used to it eventually. You still miss them from time to time, but not with the pain associated with losing them.

And really, we never do LOSE someone when they die, they just move to a "different room"...one where we just can't physically see them, but if we listen close, we can feel them when we call their names.

I don't know if that helps at all, but in any case, my heart is with you right now. If anything, do like Leigh suggested. Focus on the renewal thing. Spring is about new things coming to life again, and starting over.

A big ***HUG*** for you!

Morgana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home